'The legacy system presented a number of issues for the business and our future plans. Thinc were able to quickly understand our challenges and develop a solution to enable us to make the changes needed to support our growth plans.' Terry Page - IT Manager - Forkway Group
With over 50 years’ experience in the industry, Forkway Group are a forklift truck, pallet truck and materials handling specialists. They were a founding member of the Fork Lift Truck Association (FLTA) and have always strived to lead the way in technological developments in the forklift industry.
During their lifetime they have seen continued growth, with 3 bases situated near London, Leeds and Southampton. Thinc were introduced to Forkway in 2011 when it was identified that their legacy systems were holding them back from reaching their full potential. They realised that effective communication and integration between these three sites was crucial if their operations were to run smoothly and efficiently.
- Modern ERP system that would adapt to their growing business requirements
- Improve the slow IDSN connection between 3 sites – running at a rate of 128 kbps
- Update legacy systems to help eliminate security cyberattacks
- Improve ability to evolve and upgrade their IT infrastructure and hardware over time
- Integrate systems in order to collaborate and share business data to improve decision making
- Sage 200 ERP Financial and Commercial modules replace a legacy Linux system called Uniquip
- Protean Field Manage Software
- Desktop PC hosted email relying on POP3 mail migrated to Microsoft Exchange environment for better collaboration
- Virtualised servers to enable remote working
- Fast broadband connections to replace slow ISDN links
- Secure Next Generation Firewalls providing ‘one’ network across 3 geographic locations
- VPN link for travelling users to have ‘at the office’ functionality
- Arcserve comprehensive data protection back-up solution
- Kaspersky Advanced Endpoint Protection, protecting all PCs and servers
- Significantly improved inter-site performance and productivity resulting from modern communications, improvised bandwidth and remote desktop technology
- Enhanced perimeter security using a Next Generation Firewall technology helping to protect against viruses, malware and ransomware
- Virtualised server implementation provided an agile platform allowing for business expansion and simplified software upgrades alongside improved backups and data resilience
- A Return on Investment in excess of £7,000 per year compared to the legacy IT provider
- Simplified and consolidated hardware, resulting in a lower capital expenditure, compared with replacing like-for-like on replacement servers
- Back up solution that allowed for periodic image backups to be taken to an on premise NAS
Get In Touch
If you want to speak to one of our expert business advisory consultants on how we can help you too, please complete the below form:
Forkway Group had strong ambitions but the potential to grow the business was often hindered by inefficient legacy systems. With poor methods of communication between the three sites, they had very little flexibility to cater for mobile and remote workers off site.
Their existing legacy system was unable to access Sage 200 and had no safeguarding against cyber security threats, meant that they were vulnerable to cybercrime.
They approached the team at Thinc to help them reach their full potential.
Fancy a chat? Visit our contact page to get in touch, or request a call back...
"We now have IT security of a very high standard and thanks to the integration of Sage 200 with Protean we have improved visibility of how our business is performing and are able to plan more effectively for the future. I feel more than comfortable using Thinc and would have no problem in recommending them to anyone. I look forward to many mores years working with them as our company develops further."Terry Page, IT Manager Forkway Group
Find out more about Sage 200cloud
Request a call back from a member of our team